Introducing Natural Light through Skylight Installation Offers Several Benefits
Many people would agree that their frame of mind/outlook on personal or work situations can be affected by the weather; this is evident in comments they might make in relation to feeling unenthusiastic on dull, overcast, and/or rainy days. Of course, the opposite is often true on days bathed in sunshine; people are more inclined to be energetic at work or more engaged in puttering about their home or property in this latter circumstance.
While there is likely some research data that could be cited to support such a contention, an informal survey of family and friends will probably confirm that a naturally-lit location like an office complex, a new car showroom, or a shopping concourse is indeed far more appealing and stimulating than a windowless warehouse or a pharmacy in the basement of an old medical building.
Although bright sunshine cannot be guaranteed 365 days a year, the addition of more natural light to an environment can have a positive effect on the occupants or patrons of that space; in most cases, since it is often difficult to add vertical windows to an existing structure, the introduction of natural light can be accomplished through the installation of skylights.
In fact, increased exposure to sunlight/natural light through well-placed skylights offers a range of benefits for homeowners and their families, as well as for business owners, their staffs, and patrons. These benefits would include:
- Improvement in disposition and energy levels
- Stimulates the natural production of Vitamin D
- Provides a boost to the body’s immune systems
- Greater access to the amount of daylight available
- Energy Efficiency
- Lower hydro costs – due to the need for less artificial light
- Lower heating costs – rooms warmed by sunlight penetration
- Aesthetic Factors
- Opportunity to view nature and/or the skies when sitting indoors
- Skylights may be installed to accent a room, dining area, or lobby
- Can add twice as much light to an area than a vertical/wall window
- Personal Comfort
- Strategically-located skylights can add warmth/diffuse light to any indoor area
- Some skylights can be opened or vented, thereby immediately releasing stale/hot air that would otherwise be trapped near the ceiling and replacing it with fresh air
In order to enjoy any/all of these benefits to their full extent, skylight installation should be entrusted to an experienced and reliable roofing services company such as Avenue Road Roofing in Toronto. The specialists from Avenue Road Roofing are fully trained in the seamless installation of all skylights, ensuring long-lasting results for residential and commercial property owners.
Professional Skylight Services including Installation, Replacement, and Repair
Skylight installation for an existing building essentially means cutting a hole into its roof. This must be done in expert fashion to avoid any post-installation roof leaks or structural issues, either immediate or over the long term.
The experienced team from Avenue Road Roofing will ensure that all steps in the skylight installation process are completed thoroughly and appropriately, hence preventing wind noise and thermal movement while providing an all-important weather-tight seal. These steps consist of:
- Use of top quality materials from trusted manufacturers
- Curb-mounting – raising of the skylights above the roofline
- Fitting the proper membranes, flashing, and weather stripping
- Structural reinforcement, if needed, for the weight of the skylight
Avenue Road Roofing can install skylights in several different roof types including sloped, flat, shingled, and metal with equal skill/precision. For a sampling of the workmanship available from Avenue Road Roofing, visit our Skylight Gallery page.
Furthermore, homeowners and property owners who are experiencing an issue or issues with any existing skylights can rely on the professional repair and replacement services provided by Avenue Road Roofing. These services include diagnosis of the problem, the recommended course of action to remedy the situation, and the capable and affordable repair or removal/replacement of the skylight, subsequent to the customer’s approval.
Visit our Skylight Services page for more information on skylight installation, repair, and replacement services from Avenue Road Roofing in Toronto.
For all skylight services, including installation, replacement, and repair, call the experts from Avenue Road Roofing today at 416-785-5129 or contact us to request your free estimate.