Professional Caulking Services Offer Many Benefits to Toronto Building Owners
It may seem like an insignificant factor in the grand scheme of residential or commercial property maintenance, but proper caulking of all potential sites for water/air penetration plays an important role in the life of the building. While a bead of caulking missing from a window frame may be dismissed by some as inconsequential, the cumulative effect of not sealing a building well can be the equivalent of having a rather large/gaping hole in a wall or the roof.
Effective building caulking, especially in light of the weather extremes experienced within Toronto and the GTA, provides several benefits to property owners/managers and their structures, including:
- Damage prevention – deterring water penetration
- Cost savings – improvements in energy efficiency
- Health – less likelihood of mold and mildew growth
- Aesthetics – overall visual appeal; smooth finishes
- Building lifespan – safeguarding structural integrity
When one actually takes the time to reflect, there are in fact several areas of residential and commercial properties where adequate caulking/sealing is necessary. For the most part, these consist of the following, in no particular order:
- Rooftop skylights
- Door and window frames
- Chimney and roof flashing
- Expansion and control joints
- Eavestroughs and downspouts
- Any pavement abutting the foundation
- Vents/pipes protruding from walls/the roof
- Interfaces between glass and metal surfaces
- Interfaces between doors/windows and siding
Regardless of the age of the building, the importance of protecting it from environmental factors cannot be overstated. This protective aspect includes the regular inspection of all caulking and, when needed, addressing any issues related to this sealant in terms of:
- Gaps or spaces
- Man-made damage
Although caulking may be one of the less expensive materials needed for proper building maintenance, it must be applied thoroughly, adequately, and under appropriate weather conditions in order to ensure optimal and long-lasting results. In addition, there is some degree of skill required to remove existing caulking and apply the new material correctly.
Therefore, for all of the above reasons, property owners may find it beneficial to call on the building caulking expertise of Avenue Road Roofing, a leading provider of residential and commercial building envelope services in Toronto and the surrounding area for more than 40 years.
A Broad Range of Caulking Services for Residential and Commercial Properties
Taking immediate action to seal or reseal windows, gutters, flashing, and other potential sources of water and air leaks can safeguard a residential or commercial building against damage and devaluation, not to mention save the owners money on energy consumption costs and unnecessary repairs.
To this end, trained and competent professionals from Avenue Road Roofing can provide expert building caulking services that in turn offer property owners several advantages. These services would include:
- Quality workmanship done by skilled applicators
- Detailed estimates that protect against hidden costs
- Adherence to safety standards re: working at heights
- Insight to recognize other potential roof or exterior issues
- Thorough site clean-up before the job is considered finished
- Extended protection through a dedicate warranty department
For additional information on the building caulking services available from Avenue Road Roofing, see our Caulking Services page.
To inspect the current state of your home or building caulking and address any repair or restoration needs, call the building caulking experts at Avenue Road Roofing in Toronto today at 416-785-5129 or contact us to request your no-obligation estimate.