It would not be surprising for most homeowners to go about their daily business without thinking about the roof of their home and whether the services of roofing contractors might be in the offing. Every day, regardless of weather conditions or the time of year, homeowners simply rely on/expect a roof to protect their family and personal property from the elements.
Unfortunately, this type of complacency inevitably results in roofing problems that are likely accompanied by potentially expensive repair work/efforts by roofing contractors.
There are several reasons or conditions that can lead to issues with your roof. Some of these situations might have been preventable, by the original installer or by the past or present homeowner, while others are due to nature’s forces or just the passing of time.
Nevertheless, roofers are routinely hired to address complications from:
- Shoddy installation/workmanship
- General exposure to seasonal weather changes
- Harsh storms/weather conditions
- Aging of the home and/or roofing materials
- Neglect/lack of maintenance
The following is a list of the most commonly encountered roof problems that necessitate the repair services of roofing contractors in Toronto:
- Missing/Deteriorating Shingles – Weakened defences against leaks/water damage
- Loose Flashing (around chimneys or vents) – Can cause interior water damage as well as structural weakness or impairment
- Deteriorating or Rotting Valleys – Primarily the same effects as loose flashing
- Clogged Gutters or Downspouts – Overflow of water can result in rotting of fascia as well as seepage into masonry and siding
- Rotting or Cracked Soffits – Prime areas for mold, fungus, or insect infestation
- Improperly Installed Shingles/Exposed Nails – Major starting points for roof leaks
- Improper Installation of Skylights – Ill-fitting or poorly caulked skylights can lead to major safety and/or structural issues
- Weathering – Roof damage or weakening caused by snow, ice, wind, sun, hail, etc.
- Overhanging Tree Branches – Leading to abrasion/weakening of shingles, clogging of gutters and downspouts, or structural damage if limbs break off in wind/ice storms
- General Lack of Maintenance – Failure to inspect and maintain or replace gutters, shingles, caulking, flashing, vent boots, etc.
For more than 40 years, Avenue Road Roofing has maintained a well-earned reputation as a leader among Toronto roofers. Throughout that period of time, Avenue Road Roofing has successfully provided professional roofing contractor services to literally thousands of residential property owners in Toronto and the surrounding area.
Are you looking for qualified residential roofing contractors in Toronto and the GTA? Avenue Road Roofing offers professional roofing installation services in a variety of roofing materials. Call us today at 416-785-5129!