The importance of evaluating the stability and strength of your roof on a regular basis should neither be overlooked nor subjected to procrastination. Even a cursory inspection will identify the more obvious signs that your roof may be in need of repair, while a detailed examination – from the interior and exterior of your home – can bring to light more subtle clues that the services of a roofing repair company in Toronto may be required.
Part of a detailed examination can be completed from street-level or ground-level while a substantial amount of the inspection will need to be completed on a ladder or by walking about the roof itself. You may want to check for any and all of the following signs when performing an inspection for potential roofing repair issues:
- Sagging ceilings on the upper level or in attics and crawl spaces
- Signs of water damage or leaks – dark spots or water trails on ceilings/walls
- Peeling paint or dampness on ceilings or drywall surfaces
- Cracked, torn, worn, or missing shingles
- Loose caulking or flashing around chimneys, vents, pipes
- Heavy grit deposits i.e.: shingle granules accumulated in gutters
- Signs of moisture, rotting, or mold on fascia or soffits
- Gutters and downspouts clogged by leaves, twigs, cakes of dirt/mud
- Deteriorating bricks or masonry
It is advisable to perform regular inspections for potential roof repair issues at least two times annually – in the spring and again in the fall. As well, due to the types of severe weather conditions that Toronto can experience throughout the year, inspections for possible roofing repairs can be conducted in virtually any season.
In Terms Of Roof Repair, An Ounce Of Prevention May Be Worth A Pound Of Cure
If you suspect that your roof is in disrepair, you should not automatically fear that the worst and most expensive option, i.e. complete replacement, is the only option or course of action. It may be that just partial roofing repairs or restoration of the affected area or areas will be sufficient, which in turn could be a much less expensive remedy.
In order to determine a definitive course of action, it would be advisable to invest in the professional roof inspection services of a roofing repair firm such as Avenue Road Roofing. A detailed inspection by roofing professionals can lead to significant short-term and long-term costs savings as it pertains to:
- Immediate roof repair costs versus eventually having to install a new roof
- Identifying and repairing structural faults or leak sources before issues arise
- Preventing potential damage to your home and/or its contents in the future
- Negatively impacting the resale value of your home should you opt to move
You may be aware of the idiom ‘an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure’, which is an expression that basically means it is often better to try and avoid/prevent problems in the first place rather than having to fix them after they arise. In the case of roofing repair, a professional inspection can potentially prevent the unnecessary expense and inconvenience of a total roof replacement.
Is your roof showing signs of age and/or in need of repair? If you are interested in roofing repairs or restorations to enhance the look of your home, call Avenue Road Roofing today at 416-785-5129.