Spend Time Researching to Help Decide Among Toronto Roofing Companies
When GTA homeowners need a new roof installed, it would be in their best interests to do research of several different Toronto roofing companies to determine which of these firms can most aptly address their roofing requirements and their budget. Since a roof replacement involves a significant dollar investment, it would be prudent to dedicate some time to thoroughly understand, while selecting the best roofing company in Toronto, the difference in estimates and quotes obtained.
There are several important considerations to include when conducting this assessment. These factors would include:
- The reputation and experience of the contractor
- Checking to see if they have a permanent business location and actually visit their location ( a picture is worth a 1000 words!)
- Scope of the project – understanding the quality of materials used and the application methods in keeping with manufacturer specifications.
- All warrantees from manufacturers and the roofer
- Payment terms – does the contractor provide financing?
- Check the financial stability of the contractor, do they pay their suppliers? Are they financially sound?
- Do they maintain proper licencing, insurance, WSIB coverage and practise health and safety?
- The contractor should be able to provide these for the safety of the consumer.
Although it might initially present as a time-consuming process, investing an appropriate amount of effort in researching and assessing your contractor, as you would an investment, a mortgage agreement, a vehicle; will allow home and business owners to make a more informed and confident decision about their construction investment.
A full roof replacement may be a one-time-only occurrence during the time that a family resides in its home, so it will be important to hire expert and professional roofers, like Avenue Road Roofing in Toronto, who will perform the installation in a manner that maximizes the return on such an investment.
Specific Information to Collect When Assessing Roofers in Toronto
Because a roof plays such an important role in protecting the occupants, contents, and the structural integrity of a home; the following checks should be performed: verify references provided, visit the contractors premises, collect all credential documents, have an estimate review meeting.
Dedicating a little time upfront, perhaps just a few hours of one day or on consecutive days, will allow Toronto homeowners to make a better decision in terms of:
- Review Post-install guarantees
When assessing the merits of Toronto roofing companies, there are a number of specific questions that homeowners/business owners should request and obtain from the candidate firm. Should a company balk at providing any/all of this information, they should instantly be removed from consideration:
- Experience – how many years has the company been in business in Toronto?
- Validation – Can they supply customer/supplier/bank references?
- Reputation – are local neighbourhood references available?
- Quotes – Do they thoroughly explain all the elements and details of the project and satisfactorily answer all questions?
- Insurance – a minimum of 5 million dollars of general liability and including completed operations/ endorsements for a particular process. E.g. open flame roofing
- Health and Safety Plan – is it in writing (for roofers with a staff of five or greater)?
- On-Site Supervision – will this be in effect or how can they be contacted directly?
- Other Materials – do they install new vents, flashing, etc. or reuse existing items?
- Contingencies – what is the process to address issues if they arise during the job?
- Certifications – do they have manufacturer endorsements to install their materials?
- Affiliations – are they members of local, provincial, national industry associations?
- Warranties – are all such guarantees clearly outlined in writing and do they include warranties from the manufacturer (materials) as well as the contractor (installation)?
Avenue Road Roofing has been providing quality roofing services for residential and commercial property owners within Toronto and the GTA more than 40 years, including over 45,000 roof installations. Avenue Road Roofing offers the confidence and the reliability that a homeowner needs and wants when their roof has to be replaced, and as a result, is more than willing to provide answers/information pertaining to the questions listed above and more.
Looking for a reputable and experienced roofing contractor in Toronto and the GTA? Call the professionals from one of the leading Toronto roofing companies, Avenue Road Roofing, at 416-785-5129 to benefit from over 40 years of experience, including more than 45,000 roof installations.