Points of Note for Toronto Homeowners Facing the Inevitability of a Roof Replacement
Every year, hundreds if not thousands of Toronto homes require some type of roof replacement or repair services. For the vast majority of these homeowners, any such services will often be unexpected, inconvenient, extensive, costly, or some combination thereof; nevertheless, they are by-and-large necessary too, because roofing materials, especially asphalt shingles, simply do not last forever.
In addition to roof age and deterioration of the asphalt shingles, there are several other factors that will contribute to the need for a roof replacement; these causes include but are not limited to:
- The overall lack of proper/timely maintenance
- Rotting of the roof deck due to water penetration
- Poor roof ventilation and/or inadequate attic insulation
- Ineffective water drainage by the eavestroughing system
- Storm-related damage – high winds, fallen tree branches, etc.
Regardless of the particular reason, many local homeowners are undoubtedly facing the prospects of a roof replacement at some point throughout the year ahead. And for those who will indeed undergo this experience first-hand, there are some points of note within the roofing industry that could impact the cost, timing, and workmanship for the project.
Here are some facts that homeowners should know about any pending roof replacement:
- Roof replacements represent the majority of the business for residential contractors
- Demand for these roofers tends to be higher/highest during the spring season
- Asphalt shingles are the number one material used in residential roof replacements
- Some contractors may not have timely access to inventory or to desired colours
- Petroleum-based products are commonly used in the manufacture of asphalt shingles
- Pricing of the shingles can affected by the type and the origin of these products
- Extremes in local weather conditions can have a bearing on roof replacement costs
- Climate may dictate use of heavier-weight shingles or a water-and-ice protector
- Roof replacements should only be done by trained and certified roofing professionals
- Work must be done correctly and with quality materials for warranties to be valid
- Opportunistic contractors often prey on homeowners with storm-related roof damage
- These services include substandard work, inferior materials, non-valid guarantees
While a roof replacement will be inevitable for most homeowners during their lifetime, it is certainly not a matter to be taken lightly nor addressed haphazardly as it represents a substantial investment in the home; thus should receive the proper time and attention to ensure that the work is done by qualified experts, like the team at Avenue Road Roofing.
A Comprehensive Inspection Can Confirm the Need for a Roof Replacement
Homeowners who feel they could be in need of a roof replacement would be well-advised to call Avenue Road Roofing and schedule a comprehensive inspection of their complete roofing system. The roofing experts from Avenue Road Roofing possess the training and the experience to determine whether the asphalt shingles have reached the end of their lifespan and/or if the states of the shingles and roof deck are such that their replacement is indeed the best option.
If a roof replacement proves to be the optimal course of action, these homeowners can be assured of the following from Avenue Road Roofing:
- A detailed written estimate of the work and costs
- Use of quality products from reliable manufacturers
- All materials installed based on manufacturer guidelines
- Work will be performed by trained and knowledgeable staff
- Valid warranties/guarantees on all products and workmanship
For further information on all roof repair and replacement services offered by the experts from Avenue Road Roofing, visit our Roof Repair & Replacement Services.
Avenue Road Roofing is a leader among the service providers within the roofing industry in Toronto, with more than 40 years of experience in roof installation, inspection, repair, and replacement. If you suspect that you may need a roof replacement for your home, call Avenue Road Roofing at 416-785-5129 today or contact us to schedule your roof inspection as soon as possible.