Some Helpful Recommendations on How to Find a Reputable Roofer in Toronto
For a majority of Toronto homeowners, it is quite likely that the contact information for a locally-based roofing contractor is not stored in their mobile phone or on a business card tucked into their wallet or purse. This is probably because the need for any roof-related services may happen once or maybe twice during the time that they occupy their home.
When that time comes however, the homeowner will certainly want to have the problem corrected as fast and efficiently as possible; this can add self-imposed stress or pressure to find a roofing contractor who can get the work done with minimal delay. And though there are numerous Toronto roofing contractors to be found in any online search or print directory, looking for a good roofer, i.e. one that is skilled and reputable, might prove to be more challenging than the homeowner might originally anticipate.
So how does a homeowner who needs to pick a good roofer go about that process? With the investment of time and effort into researching several different contractors; although this may sound contrary to the urgency involved in getting the roof repaired or replaced, the consequences of making a poor and/or uninformed decision can be sizable (but not in a positive way).
To begin, there are a number of sources at the homeowner’s disposal to help them find a short-list of roofing contractors for further consideration; these resources would include:
- Internet searches to identify some Toronto-area roofers
- Asking family, friends, and neighbours for recommendations
- Websites that collect feedback on contractors (HomeStars, Houzz)
Once the short-list of three or four roofers has been generated, the homeowner will need to evaluate each contractor on their individual merits; this can be achieved by contacting them directly to learn more about their respective operation. Here then are several tips, in the form of questions to ask, on how to pick reliable roofers (in no particular order):
- Years of Experience – how long have they been in the roofing business in Toronto?
- Contact Info – do they have staff maintaining a physical office, phones, and e-mail?
- Quotes – will there be a written estimate for review/approval before work is started?
- Crews – are all services provided by their own employees or by any sub-contractors?
- Safety – are all members of their crews trained and qualified for working at heights?
- Certifications – are they approved by manufacturers to install/repair their products?
- Warranties – what is covered, and will any/all guarantees also be stated in writing?
- Insurance Coverage – do they hold valid workplace and general liability coverage?
- References – are they willing/open to providing feedback from other jobs or clients?
- Unforeseen Events – how do they handle any unanticipated problems and/or costs?
- Post-Project – what are their responsibilities in relation to cleaning up the property?
When in need of hiring a roofing contractor, the above list of recommendations certainly acts as a thorough checklist. However, throughout the evaluation process, homeowners should also be aware of signs that might raise concerns about hiring a particular roofer.
To that end, some factors that may be cause for apprehension will include the following:
- Arrogance – speaking in a condescending or criticizing tone
- Lack of courtesy – poor or delayed communication or follow-up
- Overzealousness – too quick to suggest the most expensive option
- Inflexibility – unwilling to present or discuss any alternative solutions
- Lack of believability – submitting an estimate that is far below all others
A roof plays a major role in safeguarding a homeowner, their family members, and their possessions against the extremes of Toronto’s climate; as such, any need for roof repairs or replacement should also be viewed as an investment rather than an issue or expense.
Therefore, although conducting research to find a reputable roofing contractor may seem to be a time-consuming effort, it should also be considered as a worthwhile investment in both personal safety and protection of property. One roofer in the Toronto area that would help in delivering a suitable return on such an investment is Avenue Road Roofing.
A Leading Toronto Roofing Contractor; A Complete Range of Roofing Services
The team from Avenue Road Roofing fully recognizes the importance of providing prompt service and complete customer satisfaction whenever homeowners have a need for roof repairs or replacement. Accordingly, Avenue Road Roofing expects and encourages their customers to research the company’s reputation and workmanship before committing to any roof repair or installation work; they are prepared to answer the types of questions highlighted in the list of tips above, especially the things that homeowners are inclined to ask when getting roofing quotes.
For more than 40 years, Avenue Road Roofing’s crews have been providing dependable roofing services for property owners throughout Toronto and its surrounding area; these services include but are not limited to:
- Leak Repairs
- Roof Replacements
- Gutter Installations/Cleaning
- Skylight Installations and Repairs
- Chimney and Masonry Repairs/Rebuilds
- Removal of Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Upgrades to Attic Ventilation and Insulation
- Emergency Roof Repairs (including storm damage)
To learn more about the full scope of roofing services provided by Avenue Road Roofing, one of the leading roofing contractors in Toronto’s directory of roofers for more than 40 years, please check our roofing services page.
Not sure where or how to find a reputable roofer in the Greater Toronto Area to repair or replace your roof? Look no further than the experienced professionals at Avenue Road Roofing. Call us today at 416-785-5129 or contact us to request your free estimate.