Soffit And Fascia Installation and Siding Repair By Our Toronto Roofers
Soffit and fascia both play a crucial role in the look and function of your home. The soffit is used to cover the under-hang of your roof and gables, and can protect from animal intrusion as well as providing intake ventilation for your attic. Aluminum Fascia is used as a cladding (to cover bare wood) which seals the ends of your eaves and provides a surface for the installation of the eavestrough.
Proper installation of fascia and soffits is important as they protect the eaves area of the roof and building from water damage as well as animal intrusion. They also provide a maintenance-free, enhanced finished appearance for your residential or commercial building. Materials are available in a variety of colours.
Residential property owners can modernize and upgrade the appearance of their homes by installing maintenance free siding, soffit and fascia materials which serve to minimize maintenance, add insulation and thermal efficiency, improve asthetics and increase property value.
Additional benefits for commercial building owners include an economical way to modernize the look of a plaza or building when compared to repainting or undertaking major exterior renovation work.
Important tips on selecting the right soffit, fascia and siding materials:
- Soffit and fascia installations today are mostly completed in aluminum. A variety of colours and material gauges help enhance the visual appearance of the building exterior.
- Protecting difficult access areas such as wood fascias and soffits, eliminates the need for dangerous access or painting.
- Siding materials are available in vinyl, aluminum and cement fiber which provide low maintenance, durability and are available in various styles and profiles.
- Installing new siding provides the opportunity to install proper vapour retarders such as Tyvec, building wrap and exterior insulation.
- Some heritage, historic or classic buildings may have a wood based soffit and fascia that can be restored with cedar, or tongue and groove cedar or pine.
Avenue Road Roofing is a roofing and building exterior specialist with more than 40 years of experience. We use top quality materials from trusted manufacturers to ensure long-lasting results. Our qualified, trained and experienced staff delivers first class service to ensure your peace of mind and superior customer satisfaction.
Skilled Residential Siding Installation And Repairs For GTA Properties
Similar to soffit and fascia, siding has both functional and decorative value. In addition to protecting your home while contributing to an enhanced, finished appearance, it can also provide significant maintenance and energy savings. Vinyl and aluminum siding typically do not need to be painted as they are less susceptible to damage/warping when compared to wood. If insulation is installed prior to siding application, it may contribute to a significant reduction in your energy consumption.
Aluminum Siding vs. Vinyl Siding
- Vinyl is a popular choice as it is more fade resistant than aluminum. It does not dent and has superior insulating qualities.
- Aluminum may be a good choice if you are trying to match a newer area of a home to an existing aluminum cladded structure. It is also sometimes mandatory to use aluminum to meet fire codes for certain types of building structures.
Is it time to refresh or upgrade the exterior appearance of your building with new siding? Avenue Road Roofing offers the best value for your investment with customized services that meet your specific needs. Our siding experts take into account aesthetics, function and cost when helping you make the proper selection. We’ll help choose the best material for your needs and budget.