There are undoubtedly countless stories about severe damage to homes and businesses as a result of a leaking roof. A small roof leak might go undetected at first, and by the time it becomes apparent or obvious, extensive work is required to repair or replace:
- The roof itself (materials)
- The roofing sub-structure
- Interior walls of the home or business
- Carpets and draperies
- Chimneys and fireplaces
- Furnishings, personal possessions, inventory, etc.
The costs associated with repairing any amount or type of damage due to leaking roofs can be substantial. There is also the issue of general inconvenience during completion of the repair work – this is particularly concerning if the roof leak is affecting commercial properties or businesses.
Of course, the best way to deal with a leaking roof is to prevent them from getting to the repair stage in the first place. This can be achieved through regular roof inspections and appropriate attention to potential roof leak repair issues as they are identified.
Preventative steps that can be taken to avoid extensive roof leak repair costs include:
- Replacing loose, missing, cracked, or bent shingles
- Re-caulking around flashing, chimneys, and skylights
- Plugging exposed mounting holes (from an antenna or satellite dish)
- Identifying mold or mildew stains
- Inspecting the attic and insulation for excessive dampness/water stains
- Checking interior ceilings and walls for moisture marks or stains
- Ensuring that gutters are kept clear and firmly attached/functioning properly
- Replacing torn, dry, or cracked boots/gaskets around pipes and vents
- Examining chimneys for loose bricks and dry/cracked mortar
While some of these steps can be safely implemented from ground level (perhaps with the use of binoculars) others will need to be performed on a ladder or on the roof itself. Should you have any hesitation or safety concerns in this regard, you may wish to use the professional roof inspection and roof leak repair services of Avenue Road Roofing.
Engage The Services Of A Professional To Address Your Roof Leak Repair Needs
If your roof inspection, whether completed on your own accord or performed by roofing professionals, identifies a need for preventative or actual roof leak repair measures, it would certainly be wise to act as quickly as possible. As noted previously, a roof leak may go undetected for quite some time, and any related repair costs could escalate quickly.
However, it is a commonly accepted fact that visual evidence of leaking roofs may not be sufficient to identify the actual source(s) of the leak(s). For this reason, and for your own safety and security, you may want to have a professional roofing company such as Avenue Road Roofing perform the roof inspection and any required roof leak repair work.
Avenue Road Roofing ensures that they will:
- Use qualified inspectors with extensive experience in the roofing industry
- Find the source of the roof leak and correct or repair the issue
- Identify and prevent small issues from becoming larger problems
- Safeguard your roof by repairing a larger section than just the affected area
- Use roofing materials that are approved for climate conditions in Toronto
- Only send installers who are qualified to work with leading roofing products
- Provide a detailed written estimate before any work is started (no surprises)
To alleviate concerns about a potential or suspected leaking roof, call Avenue Road Roofing today at 416-785-5129 or contact us to book your thorough roof inspection and get an estimate for any recommended or required roof leak repair costs.