Regular Roof Inspections Can Avert the Need for Emergency Roof Repair Work
Unlike regular monthly expenses such as mortgage payments, internet services, or life insurance premiums, emergency roof repair service is most likely an unexpected and potentially significant expense. This can be particularly taxing to one’s monthly budget planning/management, especially if they do not hold funds in reserve for emergencies.
However, in the same way that regular vehicle servicing helps prevent unnecessary and expensive engine repairs, routine roof inspections/maintenance can identify and prevent major issues before they happen, thereby avoiding costly water and structural damage to the home. Sometimes, all that may be required to prevent emergency roof repairs is the commitment of time to inspect the roof and address minor issues as they arise.
The five aspects of a roof commonly associated with emergency roof repair are (in no particular order):
When inspecting these specific areas of the roof, homeowners should look closely for the following signs of present or pending risks of a leak:
- Worn, loose, cracked, or buckled
- Sections that are missing entirely
- Thick granule deposits in gutters
- Check the attic for wood damage/mould
- Flat roofs
- Condensation on/around the glass
- Loose, cracked, or missing caulking
- Stains around the interior well/tunnel
- Loose or missing collars or boots
- Evidence of rust around the base
- Roof is wet or soft around the base
- Cracks in mortar or the cement cap
- Cracks/gaps in caulking around flashing
- Loose bricks or evidence of efflorescence
- Loose or detached sections of gutter
- Loose, detached, blocked downspouts
- Stagnant water (indicates a blockage)
- Water damage to fascia and/or soffits
Prepared with the above guidelines, and placing their personal safety ahead of all other considerations, homeowners can certainly perform their own roof inspections on a semi-annual or at least annual basis, as well as soon after any severe storm activity. If there is some hesitation about moving about the surface of a pitched roof, or a preference for a professional roof inspection, homeowners can call upon the expertise of Avenue Road Roofing, a leading roofing company in Toronto and the GTA for more than 40 years.
Response Team Always on Standby for Emergency Roof Repairs in Toronto
Occasionally, and despite the fact that homeowners are being diligent in inspecting and maintaining their roofs, emergency roof repairs may be required. This may be due to:
- Improper initial installation
- Aging/weathering of the roof
- Damage from severe weather
- Undetected or concealed leaks
- Major issues found on inspection
In such situations, there is valid reason to schedule emergency roof repairs as quickly as possible – delaying such services, even for as little as a few days, can result in more widespread and costly repair work and perhaps even compromise the structural integrity of the home. Avenue Road Roofing always has an experienced team on standby for all such needs throughout Toronto and the GTA.
This response team can and will provide the following services on an emergency basis:
- Inspection/assessment of the cause and degree of the damage
- Preparation and discussion of various courses of action/solutions
- A no-charge written quote on the cost of the emergency repairs
- Expert repair service with quality workmanship, quality materials
If you suspect that there is a substantial leak and/or sufficient damage to your roof to warrant emergency roof repairs, call the professionals from Avenue Road Roofing in Toronto today at 416-785-5129 to schedule an inspection as soon as possible.