If the roof of your home or commercial property needs to be restored or replaced, the importance of choosing the right roofing company should neither be taken lightly nor made in haste. Although you have a pressing need to address the problem with your roof, you are also making a significant financial investment in your long-term comfort and security. Therefore, taking the time to do some homework or research into roofing contractors in Toronto should be a non-negotiable part of the overall process.
There are several general factors that should be taken into consideration when deciding the best roofing company in Toronto that you will entrust with restoring or replacing your roof. Price is certainly an important consideration, but it should not necessarily be the sole basis of your decision. You should also investigate such company qualities as:
- Reputation and experience
- Availability to do the work
- Guarantees or warrantees
- Professional associations
Important Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Roofing Contractor
Ultimately, when your roof requires restoration or replacement, you will want to engage a reputable company that employs knowledgeable and experienced staff who can accomplish the job with quality workmanship and within a specified timeframe.
Here are nine key questions to consider before hiring a roofing contractor in Toronto:
- Experience – How long has the roofing company been in business in Toronto and does it service both residential and commercial clients or specialize in one segment?
- Price Quotes – Are estimates provided in writing?
- Work Orders – Do they provide detailed work orders that include the type of roofing material to be used, start and end dates, and itemized costs of all goods and labour?
- Warranties – What type of guarantees are included for both materials and labour?
- On-Site Crew – Do they employ their own staff or sub-contractors who may not be as concerned with workmanship, efficiencies, or handling issues?
- Clean-Up and Disposal – Are they responsible for this step and is the cost included in the work order?
- Recommendations – Are written references and photos of other work available for review in person or on the company website?
- Permits – Who is responsible for obtaining any applicable permits for the work site?
- Other Costs – Does the company replace or simply reuse any vents, flashing, boots, etc. and will any/all replacement costs also be detailed in the work order?
For more than 40 years, Avenue Road Roofing has provided quality workmanship and unparalleled customer service to commercial and residential property owners in Toronto and the GTA. Over that time, Avenue Road Roofing has completed more than 45,000 roof installations and countless repairs as a premier roofing company in Toronto. Call us today at 416-785-5129!