An integral part of roof maintenance and/or replacement that is often overlooked is the proper functioning of your eavestrough (gutters) and downspouts. If you are going to invest the time and money to ensure that your roof provides the type of protection that you want for your home and family, it stands to reason that your eavestrough drainage system should be maintained properly as well.
A properly installed and functioning eavestrough system will carry the run-off water from your roof to the downspouts, which in turn direct that water to the underground sewer or drainage system that leads away from the foundation of your home. It is therefore very important to be keenly aware of the need for any eavestrough or gutter repairs at all times, and especially after the ice storms experienced in Toronto this winter.
Signs that eavestrough repair will be required include:
- Leaks from any seams, corners, or junctures where gutters meet downspouts
- Beads of water/moisture on the outer surface of the gutters or downspouts
- Obvious rust spots or holes
- Pinhole leaks along the base of the eavestroughs
- Separation/gaps between the eavestroughs and the frame of the house
- Water overflowing the lip of the gutters instead of flowing to the downspouts
- Excessive ice build-up along the edges of your roof
- Evidence of rot or mold on the fascia or soffits
- Water stains on masonry or siding
Without an appropriate attention to eavetrough or gutter repair and maintenance, the drainage of rain water or melting snow from your roof to the underground sewers will be compromised or hindered, and may result in serious structural damage to the interior or exterior of your home:
- Cracks and leaks in the foundation
- Flooding in the basement or garage
- Water staining of interior walls and ceilings
- Damage or rotting of siding
- Damage to exterior masonry
- Warping or rotting of fascia and soffits
- Shifting or lifting of adjacent steps and sidewalks
To address your eavestrough repair issues, contracting the services of an experienced installer, such as Avenue Road Roofing, would be a practical decision, particularly in light of any damage that might have occurred as a result of the ice storms and heavy snow in Toronto over the past winter.
You Can Choose From A Variety Of Eavestrough Systems For Your Home
Professional eavestrough/gutter repair or replacement is vital to protecting the value of your Toronto home and personal property.
You can choose from various types of eavestrough drainage systems, depending on your budget, the age of your home, and your personal preferences (such as colour and style). The most common types of systems include:
Our team is experienced in the installation and repair of all such types of eavestrough systems. Avenue Road Roofing is also one of a select few installers in Toronto approved as a dealer for the RainPro Design Series gutter system, a product with a superior design that provides for maximum water flow. Call today at 416-785-5129!