It Pays to Invest Some Time When Choosing a Roofing Contractor
In the vast majority of cases, the roof is a particularly dependable component of a home or structure. A well-installed roof can provide many years of uninterrupted service, in a manner speaking, without incident, inconvenience, or unwanted repair bills – provided it is routinely inspected and properly maintained.
When the inevitable time comes for service or replacement, most homeowners would be hard-pressed to produce the name and phone number of a roofing contractor without the aid of their computer, a smartphone, or perhaps a tattered address book. Since the need for a roofer is often measured in years, the first reaction of a homeowner might be to ask a friend or a family member if they could recommend the best roofing company in Toronto.
While this would be a good starting point, it might be wise to invest some research time before settling on a roofing contractor – or any contractor for that matter. While there is certainly no shortage of roofing companies in Toronto and the GTA, due diligence will pay dividends in choosing the right contractor to address a specific need or issue.
Key information that homeowners should obtain about or from each contractor includes:
- Number of years that the roofing company has been in business
- Permanent contact information – phone number, e-mail address, business address
- Review business financial stability by checking their supplier references.
- Valid insurance coverage – both workplace insurance and general liability
- Payment terms, if not included in their written estimate
- Manufacturer approvals or licenses to install and service their respective products
- A review of all warranties/conditions pertaining to materials, labour, and exceptions
- References from previous customers (reputable contractors should have a long list)
- Memberships or affiliation with local and/or national industry associations
- Responsibilities/process for clean-up – disposing of materials, sweeping for nails, etc.
- Look for proper WSIB or there can be liability to home owner about their responsibilities.
- Review the quality of product and installation process with contractors.
There are indeed a number of roofing contractors looking for business within Toronto and the GTA. A reputable roofing company, like Avenue Road Roofing, should essentially anticipate that potential customers will request the type information noted above and, as a result, should be ready and willing to oblige – perhaps even have a prepared Q&A-type document that addresses the most frequently requested background information.
Roof repairs or new roof installations are critically important to the integrity of the home, not to mention a substantial financial investment. Choosing the right roofing contractor is a key component to achieving the desired outcome, therefore, it pays for homeowners to invest some research time in order to make an informed and confident decision.
Hiring a Manufacturer-Approved Roofing Company Can Actually Save Money
In today’s economy, homeowners cannot be faulted for trying to save some money when it comes to maintenance costs. This can be particularly true when the roof needs to be repaired or replaced, since this expense was likely not planned/included in their budget.
However, while some services might be addressed through do-it-yourself efforts or with lower-cost materials/providers, short-cuts should not be considered in matters pertaining to the roof. Saving money through the use of unlicensed and/or unqualified roofers may seem like a good plan at the time, but this could actually lead to more extensive repairs and costs in the long run.
Avenue Road Roofing is a fully licensed and manufacturer approved roofing contractor. Their teams have the expertise – and the trust – of leading manufacturers to install their products as intended, ensuring that your roof replacement/roof repairs are completed to approved standards and warranties. Homeowners may pay a little more upfront for this type of professional and reliable service, but actually save money, and potential hassles, over the life-cycle of their investment.
Looking for a reliable and competent licensed roofing contractor in Toronto and the GTA? Call the roofing professionals from Avenue Road Roofing at 416-785-5129 today to discuss how we may assist in meeting any and all of your roofing needs.