Some homeowners or business owners may prefer to perform their own maintenance or installation of upgrades around the home or property. This may be due to cost factors or simply personal preferences/skills. However, depending on the extent of the project, this work must often be completed on weekends or during personal vacation time – materials need to be ordered/delivered, cement needs to cure, the weather needs to cooperate, etc. for the entire job to proceed as planned. In essence, this all takes time.
For residential or commercial property owners, time is of the essence when the maintenance or upgrade project relates to roof repairs or replacement. Typically, roof repair is not a do-it-yourself type of project – there are specific skills needed as well as safety issues to be considered – and yet this work usually needs to be done as fast as possible (in terms of actual on-site time) to prevent further damage and/or minimize any disruption/downtime or general inconvenience.
There are several factors that can influence the amount of on-site time needed for roof repairs or replacement for homes and businesses in Toronto.
These factors will include:
- Size/area of the roof (square footage)
- Complexity of its design – slope, angles, skylights, vents, etc.
- Extent of the work – sectional repairs or total replacement
- Additional elements – sub-structure, eavestroughs, soffits, fascia
- Type of roofing material chosen – shingles, shakes, tiles
- Number of crew members working on the roof repair/replacement
- Timing – seasonal weather conditions in Toronto
One of the more common questions asked of any roofing contractor in Toronto, such as Avenue Road Roofing, relates to the time that it will take to complete roof repairs.
Certainly, there are some aspects of on-site time that a contractor can control, including:
- Number of roofers in the work crew
- Number of hours worked per day
- Pre-delivery of materials and disposal bins
However, there are simply too many variables than can affect the scope and length of a roof repair or replacement project. This can make matters difficult for a contractor to definitively answer any questions about on-site time needed to complete the work unless there is:
- A physical inspection of the roof
- Property owner input on choice of roofing material
- An assessment of the urgency for the repair work
Unlike some do-it-yourself property maintenance or upgrades, roof repairs require the expertise and skills of a professional contractor, like Avenue Road Roofing, to get the job done as efficiently and thoroughly as possible/necessary.
Emergency Roof Repair Services In Toronto
All roof repairs or roof replacements carry a sense of urgency for home and business owners, regardless of the scope of the project. Face it – a malfunctioning roof is a serious issue, so you want the repairs done as soon and as quickly as possible.
Sometimes, this urgency can turn into emergency situations that will require immediate attention, such as circumstances resulting from:
- Major storm damage
- A structural collapse
- Damage from fallen limbs
- Fallout from fireworks
Thankfully, emergency roof repairs are available to property owners in Toronto in such instances. This type of work needs to be done properly and promptly in order to prevent additional damage to the integrity of the overall roof structure as well as more extensive repair costs.
Should the unfortunate need arise for emergency roof repairs in Toronto, you can count on the experts at Avenue Road Roofing to:
- Respond immediately – a crew is always on standby
- Quickly determine the extent of the roof damage
- Recommend the best solution to repair that damage
- Perform the necessary repairs quickly and effectively
For all your residential or commercial roof repair or replacement needs in Toronto, call the professionals at Avenue Road Roofing today at 416-785-5129 or contact us to obtain your free estimate. Avenue Road Roofing will always dedicate the appropriate crew size to get the job done right in the least amount of time.