When the topic of discussion is general home maintenance, there may be a tendency for a degree of procrastination to enter the conversation. Homeowners may/will admit that the garage or basement should be cleaned out or the windows should be washed or the bushes trimmed back – but these chores can probably wait for another few days, right?
Unfortunately, applying the same type of procrastination or postponement process to a leaking roof will undoubtedly produce the feeling that action should probably have been taken immediately – especially once the extent of the damage has been defined and the cost to repair that damage has been calculated. In other words, while delaying certain home maintenance activities might have no ill effects, delaying or ignoring roof leak repairs can have some serious consequences.
The most obvious reason for a homeowner to take immediate action with a leaking roof is that of preventing a smaller problem from becoming a much larger issue. However, a closer examination will reveal that the impact of procrastinating instead of contacting a roof leak repair service spans a much wider range of concerns, such as the following:
- Structural damage
- Budget implications
- Health-related risks
- General inconvenience
From a more detailed standpoint, the consequences of delaying the repair of a leaking roof can include:
- Rotting and potential collapse of the roof sub-structure
- Roof, ceiling, and wall framing can weaken from excessive exposure to water
- More extensive and widespread roof damage
- Water can and will travel quite a distance from the original point of the leak
- A relatively small leak may ultimately become an extensive and costly repair
- Interior structural damage
- Water penetration can permanently stain and/or weaken drywall and trim work
- Walls, ceilings, and mouldings may need to be removed, repainted, or replaced
- Damage to insulation in the attic
- Insulating material can become saturated and therefore lose its efficiency
- Will lead to significant heat loss and exorbitant/excessively high energy bills
- Development and spreading of mold
- Mold and fungus thrive in the wet environment that is created by a leak
- Unchecked growth can invade heating/cooling systems and lead to health issues
- Greater risks to personal and family safety
- Water can cause shortages in electrical wiring strung through joists/insulation
- The resultant fire hazard may go undetected until it is simply too late
While a leaking roof is essentially inevitable, the extent of the ensuing damage/impact and any related costs can be limited or curtailed if homeowners act swiftly and contact a reliable roof leak repair service such as Avenue Road Roofing.
Call A Professional Repair Service To Fix Your Roof Leak As Soon As Possible
Avenue Road Roofing has considerable experience in detecting the source or cause of a leaking roof and repairing any consequential damage to the roof or surrounding sub-structures. When you request our roof leak repair services, you can expect the following in terms of attention to detail and urgency:
- A full inspection to detect the source of the roof leak
- An assessment of the potential/actual extent of any damage
- A written estimate on the cost to repair the leak/damage
- Fast and efficient service to complete the necessary repairs
If you have roof leaks, it would be highly advisable to address the issue as quickly as possible. Call the roof repair professionals at Avenue Road Roofing today at 416-785-5129 or contact us to schedule a full roof inspection to detect the source of the leak and repair it promptly and effectively.