Installation of flat roof assemblies is characterized as providing water-proofing to low-sloped roof configurations. That is to say roofs having a slope of 2 ½ /12 or less.
Avenue Road Roofing has completed thousands of flat roof installations, and has completed comprehensive repairs to various flat roof systems for forty years, on both commercial and residential buildings.
This specialized area of roofing requires specific expertise to provide competent installation. Each systems manufacturer have determined application procedures, and require contractor certification to provide their warranties.
In terms of residential flat roofs; two ply, modified bitumen systems, represent the majority of what is being installed today in our market.
Commercial and industrial applications are most commonly built–up tar and gravel (BUR) systems, or modified bitumen systems. Increasingly popular are EPDM or TPO systems, which represent single ply technology. Advantages of these systems can be a lower initial installation cost, and solar reflectivity in the case of certain systems. All flat roof systems have particular advantages and disadvantages, so selecting the right product for a particular roof structure is imperative.
Avenue Road Roofing favours proven technologies which have stood the test of time in our market’s climatic conditions. Our knowledgeable inspectors have the training and expertise to recommend the appropriate systems, and application methodology, best suited to our client’s requirements.
When investing in a new flat roof system, it is important to consider over-all life-cycle costs, as compared to solely considering initial investment. Also, other than design consideration, the costs of on-going maintenance should be thought out. Over time, often investing a little more up front costs less than having to replace a system within fifteen to twenty years.
The cost of a flat roof system is influenced by a number of factors, and are key considerations in the design specification of a system. Certain of these include:
- Working access and handling of roof related waste.
- The type of substrate (structural decking), which may require repair or re-sloping.
- Installation of appropriate vapour retarder materials.
- Installation of thermal and or positive drainage insulation.
- Securement of materials to meet wind up-lift standards.
- Water proofing system selection, and its possible installation methodology (example cold applied versus hot-applied).
- Ballast requirements such as pavers, river-wash stone, or pea gravel.
- Foot traffic or living use, such as green roofs, or walk out terraces.
- Roof appurtanences such as stacks, skylights, curbs, etc.
- Sufficient drainage involving interior, exterior, and related plumbing components.
- Sheet metal requirements, involving fabrication complexity and girth.
- Mating the flat roof assembly to related structures such as slopes, walls and entry ways.
Avenue Road Roofing provides a proven track record in the application of flat roofing, and provides value to our clients, by maintaining proper credentials and certifications involving health & safety, superior levels of insurance coverage, bonding, and trained, skilled applicators. Abundant references are available to verify what thousands of clients already know; Avenue Road Roofing is a proven supplier of flat roofing in Toronto, with a history of warranty service and reliability.
ARR provides labour warranties for both commercial and residential applications, commensurate with systems provided.
ARR can be contacted to provide service for commercial roof maintenance and repair work.
Condition surveys, leak testing, and remedial repairs, are popular services provided to clients both in our commercial roofing division and residential roofing division respectively.
Property Managers, Facility Managers, Engineers and building owners have come to rely on ARR to provide prompt, proven, professional, and courteous service. Let us know if we may help by contacting us at (416) 785-5129 or email us.